Getting started with the Easton Youth Hockey Association:
Is my player ready for hockey?
EYHA (Easton Youth Hockey Association) offers an outstanding development hockey program for boys and girls starting with the Mini-Mite through Bantam divisions (5 - 14 years old). It is a recreational and instructional league. Our program provides a combination of skill development and cross-town competition in the Columbus House Hockey League.
EYHA recommends all players have been through the Chiller learn to skate/play hockey programs. Player safety is our first priority. If a player has difficulty skating and we feel it is a safety concern for that player, he or she may be asked to return to skating lessons prior to being placed on a team.
How do I register my player?
Through the online registration system. Please click here to be redirected.
Division Levels Set by USA Hockey
||Fee registered by 8/22/14
||Fee registered after 8/22/14
Payment Structure for EYHA:
- Player deposit of $250 is due at the time of registration.
- Balance is due by October 1, 2013.
- You have the option to pay the entire balance when you register. This is completely up to individual preference.
- Your registration is not complete until your deposit has been paid.
- Click here to read EYHA's refund policy.
Financial Hardship Program:
- Please click here to be redirected to the Financial Hardship/Scholarship Guidelines & Application.
Hockey Season Overview:
Please note EYHA players receive two practices a week at all age levels with games on the weekend!
- June - August: Players registration
- August : Opening Night Face-Off event for all EYHA players and families welcoming the back to the league and the Chiller for the upcoming hockey season!
- Late August - September: Back to the Rink skating sessions to get the players back on the ice prior to evaluations & spend time with their friends! Clinics are run by Skills Coach Darcy Cahill. ($15 fee per clinic)
- September: Player evaluations - scheduled by division
- October: Conditioning & Scrimmages
- November: Team and Individual Photos
- November - Early March: Practices & Cross-town Games
*EYHA takes time off during the holiday breaks in November & December as well as we do not play league games Martin Luther King Weekend in January and Presidents Day Weekend in February.
EYHA on-ice evaluations for all registered players will be posted to the website and emailed to all registered players in advance.
- On-ice evaluations are used to gauge the player's skill level and a starting point to balance teams as best we can to make it competitive for all participants. Evaluations are not tryouts, and all players attending evaluations will be placed on a team.
- Please note: Player safety is our first priority. If a player has difficulty skating and we feel it is a safety concern for that player, he or she may be asked to return to skating lessons prior to being placed on a team.
Practices and Games:
EYHA participants will have two practices every week and typically one game per weekend and possibly two on occasion. Team practices will be set at the beginning of the season. The November-March game schedule is published for the season mid/late October.
Squirt-Bantam teams participate in cross-town games in a league known as the Columbus House Hockey. Please click here to be redirected to the Columbus House Hockey site for additional information. The Columbus House Hockey league was started in 2010-2011 season allowing for a greater level of competition for house players. The league consists of CAHA (Capital Amateur Hockey Association), CCYHA (Columbus Chill Youth Hockey Association), EYHA (Easton Youth Hockey Association), CIHC (Columbus Ice Hockey Club), and NIHA (Newark Ice Hockey Association). A few points of clarification:
- Mini-Mite & Mite divisions play some cross-town games, two jamborees, and have an EYHA only end of the season tournament
- Squirt-Bantam divisions play cross-town games and end the season with the Quest for the Cup Tournament, which is a double elimination tournament by division and level. The overall champion hosts the Columbus Cup traveling trophy until the following season.
What do my league fees go towards?
- All players receive a personalized jersey (2 jerseys for Bantam players) and a pair of socks
- Ice-Time: Practices (twice a week from October - early March) and Games (scrimmages October & Columbus House Hockey games November-March)
- Ice Related Expenses: Referees, Tournaments, Pucks, Coaching Certification & Background Checks
- Skills coaches by division
- All league sponsored activities
- Administrative Fees (Mailing/Printing, Bank Fees, Website, and Emergency Funds)
- The goal of the EYHA Board is to provide the best experience for all players at the best rate possible, which in turn means we do solicit sponsors and hold a few fundraisers throughout the season to offset expenses not covered by player fees.
Fundraising for EYHA
- EYHA Skate-A-Thon - New fundraiser for 2013-2014 season raising over $8,000.
- Kroger Rewards Card program - please click here on how to sign up.
- Spirit Wear - % of sales back to the league
- Team/Individual Pictures - for the 2013-2014 season raising $1,000.00
- Sponsorships - for the 2013-2014 season raising $6,000. Click here for sponsor levels and commitment forms. Everyone can help!
Parent Volunteer Opportunities:
The efforts of all are needed for the organization to succeed. EYHA's successes are only due to the hard work and dedication of the parents whose children play hockey! EYHA is an ALL volunteer run organization. How can you assist and give back?:
- Skate-A-Thon Volunteer (Event will by 10/25)
- Team Managers
- Jersey Coordinator
- Mite Classic Coordinator (Event hosted 1/17-1/19 EYHA Hosted Mite Half-ice Tournament)
- Mini-Mite & Mite Jamboree Coordinator(s)
- 50/50 Raffle Seller - Columbus Blue Jackets Spotlight Night
- Fundraising Coordinator(s)
- Recruiting Coordinator(s)
- EVERYONE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
EYHA Communication Tools:
Website: Number one communication tool
- Team Roster / Contact Information
- Practice Game Schedule
- EYHA Headlines & Events - Master Calendar
- Board Member Contact
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Parent Reference Information
- Camps / Clinics
- EYHA Forms
- Policies / Procedures
- Feedback Link
EYHA Monthly Newsletter
Facebook - EYHA Ice Dragons
EYHA Select Hockey:
Easton Youth Hockey Association (EYHA) supports one select team at the mite, squirt, peewee, and bantam divisions, if there is enough interest and players to fill each team. The select teams are comprised of players who have been evaluated and chosen in an open tryout to participate on a team and will play additional games and tournaments under the EYHA banner. The Select Teams are in addition to the house schedule and all house team events will come first. There is an additional fee to be on the Select Team. Please click here for additional information regarding the Select Teams.